Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and Use It Efficiently
In 2012, Intuit came up with a great utility to help QuickBooks users tackle different types of errors. It was the file doctor tool. This program is a mix of company file diagnostic and network diagnostic tools. It functions to detect and eradicate network and company file issues. When you download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you get a single utility to resolve a majority of common QB errors. Surprisingly, many QB users still aren’t using this tool or aren’t aware of it. This article will prove to be informative for all of them. Here we’ll talk about the file doctor tool in more detail.
What Exactly Is QuickBooks File Doctor
If you’re a QuickBooks user, you must be familiar with errors like data corruption, connection problems, and network and update errors. You can resolve most of these problems when you Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. It is a file repairing program and is inbuilt in QuickBooks 2016 and later editions.
The tool operates for US and UK versions of QuickBooks. It’s fully compatible with QB Desktop solutions for Windows operating system. It is easy to use, intuitive tool that fixes errors in the accounting software in a few minutes.
Here is a list of the significant error codes you can resolve using it.
- The QuickBooks Error -6147
- 6150 QuickBooks Error
- Error -6000 -301 in QuickBooks
- QB Error code -6000 -82
- 6000 -305 QB Error code
- Error -6130 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -77
Missing data from your company file, such as those related to customers, vendors, and employees.
Points To Note Before You Do QuickBooks File Doctor Download
Now that you are fairly familiar with this program, you can make up your mind to download and install it. But before that, it’s essential to check that you meet these requirements.
- You must be signed in to your computer system laptop as a Windows administrator.
- Before commencing to download the program, switch on your QuickBooks hosting.
- Uninstall any prior version of this tool.
- Ensure that you have .Net Framework in your system.
Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can seamlessly download and carry out the installation of this software. Just abide by the points below.
- Begin by heading to the tool hub site and commence the download procedure.
- Ensure to pick the latest version of the program, which is 220.127.116.11.
- Now, save the file in an easily discoverable location.
- After that, open the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file by clicking on it.
- Accept every single term of the agreement by hitting ‘Yes.’
- Then, tap the ‘Next’ option.
- Follow this action of yours by clicking and opening the ‘Install’ option.
- After you install QuickBooks file doctor, press the ‘Finish’ option.
- Now, launch the tool hub by clicking on its icon.
- Once the program launches head to ‘Company file issues.’
- From here, you can run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Fix Damaged Company Files through QuickBooks File Doctor
Damaged company files create a lot of problems. You can fix it using QBFD. But you need to ensure that you have Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. Now, follow these pointers.
- Head to the tool hub and select ‘Company File Issues.’
- Next, pick the ‘Quick Fix My File’ option.
- Tap ‘OK’ and open your QuickBooks.
- Now, hit the ‘Company File Issues’ tab in the tool hub.
- Select ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Choose the company file from the dropdown.
- Next, tap the ‘Check for file’ option.
- Now, hit ‘Continue.’
- As the last step, input your admin password and hit ‘Next.’
Never ever forget to make a backup of the file you are working on. You must also not forget to update your QuickBooks solution.
Resolve Network Issues with QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
Apart from company file issues, you can also resolve network issues with this effective utility. To fix the network problem you are facing, run the tool. After running it, you will get certain results. Here, it’s important to remember to review the results. They will allow you to select a suitable fix for your specific issue.
The Hosting Mode Is Turned Off.
Upon getting this result, you need to switch on the hosting. Hosting involves giving other systems in the network permission to access files from the central system. These other systems are called workstations. The central or the main system is the host. Your company file is stored on the main PC.
Different versions of QuickBooks Desktop employ different services to manage company file access.
- The QuickBooks Desktop 2020 employs QB Database 30.
- QB Desktop 2019 employs QB Database 29.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 employs QB Database 28.
You need to find the service compatible with the QB Desktop version on your central system.
Accessing The Company File.
If you desire to gain access to the company file, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Every user must possess a QB user login.
- You must have the database server mode. It is what can open the company file.
- The person logging in must have complete control. They must have Windows file permissions to open, view, and change the file.
QB Desktop Communicates With The Database Server.
QBFD identifies the database server to communicate with your QuickBooks Desktop program. To identify it, it does the things mentioned below.
- It searches for the .nd file. It’s present in the directory where the company file is and has a .nd extension.
- The file doctor tool also fetches data for contacting the server, such as IP address and port.
- It also finds if or not the. QBW file is operating at the current moment.
- QBFD also attempts to establish communication with the server. If it is successful in this attempt, it will launch the file.
- But if it isn’t successful, it will display an error that you need to fix.
- The tool gives stepwise instructions to fix different errors.
Hopefully, this post must have given you many insights about the file doctor utility. You can now confidently download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and diagnose and fix common issues. It will help you immensely in your daily work and will bring more productivity into your work day. Connect with an expert QuickBooks technical service if you need more clarification on using the tool.