A Stepwise Guide On How To Update Garmin GPS
We are sure that the name Garmin rings a bell. After all, the term goes hand in hand (no pun intended) with top-notch smartwatches. However, Garmin is not essentially a wearable creator. Rather, it is a software provider that has expertise in GPS technology. To explain it in a clearer way, the brand provides ace navigation solutions. Also, its quality has helped it create a stronghold in the sports, automotive, aviation, and even marine industries. However, to maintain their quality, Garmin updates GPS software quite regularly. That is why in this blog we cover various ways to update the Garmin GPS of your device.
Benefits Of Garmin GPS
We understand that there are many service providers in this arena. However, there is a reason that the big players prefer us. Let us point out a few of them.
- The team is dedicated to making the service better. Since GPS and navigation are our core services, there is no way they can afford to be 2nd grade.
- Better process of navigation. You will not find yourself roaming anywhere just because your GPS pointed you there.
- Also, our wearables come with the best devices that are able to pinpoint your location and provide you with precise results.
- Finally, there are regular changes made in the system. So once you update Garmin GPS, most of the issues have a fix.
Why You Need To Update Garmin GPS
The world around us changes. There are new things to see every day, and this is also true for routes and rules. We know that a new street might pop up, there can be a flyway that is now open after it was under development. There can also be a new rule that declares a route to be one way. So to be in sync with all these developments, there are Garmin GPS updates. Let us put a few points out:
- It is a complete package, full of all the new and relevant information.
- The most common issues notified to Garmin are resolved and rolled out in a single update.
- You also have a much better chance of pinpointing your destination, and even your current location.
- Better safety features because of enhanced performance of the software.
Steps To Confirm If You Need To Update Garmin GPS
Before you proceed to update your software, you should check whether you need one. There is a chance that you are already running the latest version. This will also help you save time and data. Especially at a time when you are running late or those last moment emergencies.
- First, you need to head out to the “Settings” of your Garmin gadget.
- After that, you have to opt for “About”. From here you will get to check the Unit ID (serial number) of your device’s software.
- Now you can run a check to ensure that the Unit ID is the same as that of the latest version. Also, please note that you should trust the official website more in this matter.
- Once you carefully compare the results, you can proceed accordingly.
Now that you know how to check your software version, you can decide what to do. If you have the latest version then you are good to carry out your adventure. If not, then proceed to the next section of the blog. This is where we will cover how To Download Garmin Express.
Steps To Update Garmin GPS
Here we will provide you with various ways to proceed with the update. You can choose the most convenient way to proceed.
First Method: The Manual Updating Way
- First off, you have to go to the Settings option of your Garmin device.
- After that, you can navigate to Start/Stop.
- Next, you need to Settings and then click on Software Update.
- Now you will get an option if there is any update available.
- If it is, you have to click on Install now.
- After that, you will get the approximate time that the update will take. If you are okay with it, then click on Select.
Please remember that there are regular updates. So we recommend that you check updates every 2 months. This will help you enjoy the best that the company has to offer and also keep your device healthy.
Second Method: Use Of Garmin Express
This is a very easy application that makes your work easy when it comes to updating. All you need to do is install this application on your system. You can find it easily on the official website of the brand.
Once you have installed this application, proceed with the following method.
- First, you need to connect your device with your system using the data cable (it also doubles as the charging cable).
- After that, you will receive a prompt to pair your device. You can do it after following the on-screen instructions.
- Also, you might have to create a Garmin account if you do not own one already.
- We would like to highlight here that the Software Update mode is set to Default, then updates will be default as well. Once the device is connected, the updates will be uploaded.
- However, for those who opt for the Manual mode, the updates will be shown on the screen. After that, you can install the updates by yourself.
Third Method: Set to Auto
This is the cruise control method of updating the GPS software. It is pretty simple as well. All you need to do is:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- After that, click on Start/Stop. Next, you need to navigate and tap on System.
- Here you will have to scroll to Software Update. It will be present near the bottom.
- Finally, you have to flick the button and switch it On.
Please note, that when the mode is set to automatic then the device will automatically download the updates. After that, it will also install it and restart your device. Please don’t be scared if this happens as it is the normal way.
How Much will Garmin GPS Update Cost
The Garmin devices run Nuvi, which is its map service provider. However, when you purchase a new device, then you get free updates for 90 days. To be clear, it is 90 days from the day the device gets data from the satellite.
Now the cost differs from one device to another. Some devices also come with the option to opt for lifetime update subscriptions. For others, it is a particular fee that you have to pay.
To conclude, you should update your Garmin GPS if you want to get the best out of your wearable. You will also enjoy the latest benefits that the brand has to provide. We also recommend that you set up automatic updates for your convenience. With this, you will not have to keep track of regular updates on your device.